Things are moving right along. My job is great and I like everyone I work with. Matt is good. Bear is good. Aside from all the colds and stomach viruses, this year seems to be going well.
Knock on wood. I’m actually a little surprised Mason hasn’t brought more colds home with him. There is the very friendly kid at daycare that just oozes out of every hole. He is totally cute the two times I’ve seen him healthy. Most of the time I just want to wipe him down but I’m scared to touch him and wonder if the teachers would think I was weird for doing it.
Mason is getting chubby so I think he is about to have a growth spurt. Keeping my fingers crossed for a big one. We are still hoping he doesn’t take after me for height. So far it is not looking so good. He is also getting pickier about food so I’m getting creative with sneaking the healthy stuff in. Apparently everything tastes good in ketchup or spaghetti sauce.
Our little talker, takes after his Daddy for sure. When he gets excited and wants to tell you something he does the typical toddler studder which is adorable, but then ends up just saying his name over and over again. He doesn’t say his S’s very well so he says “Ma Ma Ma Mathon Mathon Mathon eh Mathon!” Mason what? “Mathon outside!”
He is learning a little Spanish at daycare as well. Although I haven’t heard him say I love you in English, he now says it in Spanish. “Te Amo” He heard it from his teachers and picked it up. I don’t remember any Spanish from high school so there may be many more words he is saying to me that I assume is just baby talk. Sometime he will just ramble at me like I should understand whatever his is saying. I just nod and smile. I recently got him to say Sorry for the first time after he hit me - instead of just petting me and saying nice like he usually does (learned from us making him apologize to the dog).

Mason has a habit of calling all men daddy to try and categorize them. I’m surprised we didn’t get more sh** from our friends for this. Anyways I think he finally understands that although most of the men he knows are daddys, there is a more general label he can use. The other day we had a man out giving us an estimate on the removal of a very large fir we have in our backyard. Mason pointed to him and said “Daddy?” I said no not daddy. He said “Papa?” No. “Grandpa?” No, he is not an uncle either, he is just a man. “Man.” Later the next day there were utility people outside wokring on the light post. He was mostly correct when he said "Man, man cleaning."
He has started singing… with words. He has been singing for a little while now which is nice, except he takes after me and who know what note he is trying to hit. So much fun now that he is trying to sing the words. Tinkle tinkle _pause and skips this part___ up ub ub __ pause and skips this part __ diamond __ pause and skips this part __ tinkle tinkle. He’ll get it.
1 comment:
Hi guys,
We sure do miss all of you. Shannon and Evan would love to translate Mason's Spanish.
We love you Grandma and Papa
Post a Comment