Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mason's first time with rice cereal


We fed Mason rice cereal for the first time today. He really likes putting the spoon and cereal in his mouth. It is the keeping the cereal in the mouth and swallowing he seems to have trouble with. I just don't think he likes it. I tasted it and it tastes like cold nothing. I wouldn't swallow it either. I gave what Mason didn't drool all over his shirt to The Bear. He loved it.

2 comments:

Galen said...

Kate, not sure if you're breastfeeding still but if you are make the rice cereal with breast milk....it makes for a much sweeter flavor.

Matt and Kate Klug said...

I switched over to milk but he was still not swallowing it. He is using his thumb sucking to get it down his throat if he can get any to stay in his mouth, its pretty funny. I've since thickened it at the suggestion of Grandma Cathy and that helped. Yesterday the Dr. said to try giving it to him before his evening meal, instead of after which I was doing. She said it will work better if he is a little hungry, just not starving.